Friday, May 6, 2011

Parents -- Be Aware When:

 I like for things to make sense -- when I am in a meeting and the talk is too coded and the school seems to be ignoring the parent -- it is time to stop the meeting and ask them to speak English.  This is common when the school is up to no good; it is the same feeling I get when I walk into a Chinese restaurant and order off the menu.  The cook is not pleased and the owner is laughing as he speaks Mandarin -- oh no, its going to be a long night!  I always want the plan to make perfect sense -- where is the student going at 1:30?  At Noon?  Who will be teaching him at different times of the day (what is the student to teacher ratio in each class . . . etc)?  When the school cannot tell you and starts speaking a foreign language -- you know you are in for a long year.

No comments:

Post a Comment